Scottish salmon farm joins charity which aims to prevent early disease and deaths from cholesterol
Loch Duart, thesmall-scale farming methods and industry leading omega-3 levels, due to the high marine content of their diet. Charity HEART UK has a vision to prevent early disease and deaths from cholesterol and other blood fat (lipid) conditions in the UK.
Adam Gray, Marketing and Communications manager at Loch Duart, said:
“We are proud to announce our partnership with HEART UK, the country’s leading charity working to prevent early disease and deaths from cholesterol. It is a perfect collaboration for Loch Duart, and we’re committed to participating in and supporting a range of HEART UK’s charity challenges and supporting their vital work. Some of the Loch Duart team have already signed up to their events.
“As well as partnering on a variety of HEART UK events, we have curated some simple, healthy and tasty Loch Duart salmon recipes which we’ll be sharing over the coming months. We support the HEART UK message that people can take action to improve their health and lower their cholesterol, by adopting an active lifestyle, combined with a healthy diet. Our strategy on feeding our salmon with higher levels of marine content delivers industry-leading levels of omega-3. We believe that we are pulling in the same direction as HEART UK by producing salmon rich in omega-3 and promoting healthy lifestyle choices”.
Lynne Garton, Dietetic Advisor at HEART UK, said:
“There has been lots of research into omega-3 fats and oily fish, such as Loch Duart salmon, and how they can improve heart health. Omega-3 fats are a group of unsaturated fats that we need to stay healthy – especially for heart health. Eating foods high in omega-3’s could help to prevent heart attacks and strokes and we are absolutely delighted to partner with Loch Duart to help prevent heart disease across the UK by promoting a healthier, balanced diet.”
Did you know:
- over half of UK adults have raised cholesterol, putting them at risk of heart attacks, strokes and vascular dementia
- raised cholesterol is the most common risk factor for cardiovascular disease and it can affect anyone, even the young and otherwise healthy
- by making some simple changes to their lifestyle people can keep their cholesterol levels low and their heart healthier
- independent testing showed Loch Duart salmon has higher levels of omega-3 per 100gm – in some cases double the levels of other salmon available in the UK market
- a healthy, balance diet should include at least 2 portions of fish per week, including 1 of oily fish (portion is around 140g)
Get involved with HEART UK at: www.heartuk.org.uk
Heart UK case studies: https://www.heartuk.org.uk/your-stories/list
How to buy Loch Duart salmon: https://lochduart.com/our-salmon/#how-to-buy