Teriyaki Salmon Skewers
- 2x 140g Salmon fillet portion
- ½ small chilli
- 1x inch square fresh root ginger
- 3x garlic cloves
- 4x tbsp soy sauce
- 2x tbsp Scottish heather honey
- Salt & pepper
- Rapeseed oil
- Kebab sticks / skewers
- White toasted sesame seeds
- Spring onions
- Slice each of the salmon fillets into five long strips and then skewer them on the kebab skewers. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Finely grate the ginger and garlic, chop the chilli and fry together with a splash of rapeseed oil until fragrant.
- Then add the honey and soy sauce. Keep this on a simmer until it has turned sticky.
- Heat up a griddle pan to a medium high heat and gently brush with a little oil to prevent the salmon sticks from sticking.
- Cook the salmon for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Once the salmon is cooked, gently place them into the warm Teriyaki sauce and rotate to get a good covering.
- Place them onto a board and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and spring onions then serve.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins