Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 4x Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2x 140g Salmon Fillet Portions
- 3x Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1x Tsp Lemon Zest
- 2x Courgettes Cut Into Strips
- 1x Tbsp Chicken Stock
- 1x Tsp Butter
- 1x Small Shallot, Diced
- 2x Small Ripe Tomatoes, De-Seeded and Diced into Small Cubes
- 20g Kalamata Olives, Pitted and Sliced
- 2x Tbsp Fresh Basil Cut into Fine Ribbons
- 1x Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Lemon, Juiced
- Salt and Pepper
- Brush the salmon with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- When hot, add the salmon fillets and cook for about 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. When ready, remove the salmon from the pan (do not wash pan yet) and set to one side until ready to serve.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add ½ of the garlic, the crushed red pepper flakes and then ½ of the lemon zest and sauté lightly. Then add the courgetti and the chicken stock and cook until the vegetables are tender and the stock is reduced. Add the butter, toss to combine and season..
- Finally, gently heat the remaining olive oil in the pan that the salmon was cooked in. Add the shallots and the rest of the garlic and sauté lightly. Then add in the tomatoes, olives, basil, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice. Heat through and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a mound of the courgetti onto the centre of the plates, top each with a salmon fillet and then add the tomato mixture over the top. Garnish with lemon zest and serve.