We recently hosted community receptions in both Uist and Scourie to say thank you to our local communities for all of their support. One of our main focuses is sustainability and the local community recognises Loch Duart as a sustainable farming business that provides economic and environmental support for aquaculture. The events featured a short update presentation on our recent and planned activities and the opportunity to enjoy specially prepared canapes incorporating our extraordinary Scottish salmon. The events provided the opportunity to meet informally many local stakeholders from the communities in which we operate.
We care about the long-term, economic health of our fishing community and we have undergone much growth in the past five years. With our company growth, we are committed to investing in our staff and in our communities to assist further development. Our current staff salaries total £3,328,750 and we spend double that figure in local supplier payments.
Giving back to the community is core to our company ethos and values and demonstrates a positive and inclusive culture which will help drive our company forward.
We have participated in a range of exciting groups and projects and we’d like to share this with you.
- Over the course of 2017 our business spent almost £26,000 on 292 hotel nights in both Sutherland and Uist. In 2018, we expect that figure to rise to 325 hotel nights.
- Ewos donated £3,000 towards the refurbishment of the Scourie Village Hall
- We donated £2,000 to ‘Lucky2BHere’ for an outside community AED in Uist.
- We donated £1,000 to Kinlochbervie Playing Field Association to refurbish their football pitch.
- We are proud to sponsor Jack Murray £200 to play for the Development Squad at Ross County.
- We donated £3,200 to local schools towards school trips.
- In 2017 we donated £10,000 towards the re-wiring of Scourie Village Hall which will assist the hall securing an Entertainment License, to support more events for local people in the hall. The Village Hall is the beating heart of the Scourie community and our support will help it to be used by a wide range of groups of all ages.
- We have provided £1,000 of kick-start funding and sponsorship for the Greenpower Goblin Car Project, plus Loch Duart engineers’ time and expertise working with Primary 7 pupils to build a kit racing car entered into a race in Aberdeenshire.
- £1,869.76 was donated to Lochinver Community Hall for refurbishment.
- We have purchased new strips for the Lochinver Junior football team.
- We have donated new cushions to the reception area in Scourie Health Centre.
Being closely tied to the community is important to us and it helps us succeed as a business.
We strive to make a positive impact and we feel that communities thrive when given the proper resources.
Furthermore, we want to thank everyone who had attended the community reception and we hope you enjoyed the event.