At Loch Duart, our mission is to rear the world’s best-tasting salmon with the lowest possible impact on the environment. Loch Duart isn’t just a business it’s a place that our people call home. We are looking for a talented Production Controller responsible for our salmon production across our farms in Sutherland and the Outer Hebrides. We offer competitive salaries, accommodation (in some of the most beautiful parts of the world), and excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply
Please send CV to: [email protected]
For more information please call Rebecca: 07786 370 836
Responsible to the Operations Manager for seawater feed control, fish growth and production forecasting and operations relating to the above on Company sites. Specifically:
1. MARINE PRODUCTION
Feed, Feed Ordering & Feeding
• Liaise with feed companies to discuss feed requirements, feed formulation, fish performance and staff training requirements
• Routinely calculate site feed requirements, recommend feed formulations and order as required
• Maintain accurate feed stock records
• Monitor site feeding data, liaise with Site Managers to review feeding regimes and report any failures or anomalies
• Routinely produce site feed forecasts to achieve targeted growth and best FCR
• Monitor feed quality and investigate any non-conformance
• Liaise with the Fish Health team when planning medicated feeds
Growth, Performance, Production Forecasting & Reporting
• Ensure traceability of fish stocks through FishTalk
• Use appropriate methods to produce accurate growth data
• Track growth of all populations
• Monitor stocking densities and report any thinning requirements to the Site Managers
• Plan all live fish movements including sourcing transport
• Produce weekly Site Status Reports for Site Managers and Senior Team
• Prepare monthly fish performance data and present the information at the relevant Company meetings
• Routinely produce updated Production Forecasts for Senior Team
• Assist in the preparation of the annual seawater production budget and monitor its allocation through the year
• Produce monthly Harvest Plans
• Routinely liaise with Site Managers, Sales team, processing plant, harvest wellboat, harbourmasters and tanker hauliers to update harvest plans
• Ensure compliance with treatment withdrawal periods
• Sign off the Salmon Harvesting Form
• Reconcile the Harvest Processing Return with the Harvest Plan, FishTalk and Yield.
• Routinely visit harvest operations to observe the harvesting process and provide feedback to Senior Team
• Work with the QE Manager to carry out monthly flesh quality monitoring to ensure the most efficient use of the diet
• In conjunction with the Sales team and QE Manager assist in the investigation and response to any product quality issues or customer information requests
• As a member of the HACCP Committee provide contribution to the maintenance and development of the LDL HACCP Plan.
• Strictly observe and ensure compliance with all protocols designed to prevent disease.
• Ensure that all operations are carried out with due regard for the welfare of the salmon as defined by the Company’s standards.
• Encourage and suggest methods to improve the welfare of the salmon.
• Report any irregular occurrences or welfare issues to the Fish Health team.
• Attend scheduled Appraisals and undertake training as proposed by the Company
• Assist in identifying the training needs of other staff in areas of feed, feeding and fish growth and provide contribution to the development and delivery of training packages in these areas
• Demonstrate techniques to junior staff
• As a member of the Environmental Management System (EMS) Committee, provide contributions to the maintenance of the scheme’s manuals and management programme.
• Uphold Company standards and policies as stated in our Environmental Management System (EMS).
• Ensure that all operations are carried out in a manner designed to minimise the impact on the environment.
• Encourage and suggest methods to improve the Company’s impact on the environment.
5. HEALTH & SAFETY
• Comply with regulations and Company Health & Safety procedures.
• Ensure that all operations comply with regulations and Company Health & Safety procedures.
• Ensure that all equipment is maintained to the appropriate standard of Health & Safety.
• Take action to rectify any non-conformance and report to Health & Safety Manager and other relevant management.
• Undertake or assist in accident investigations as required.
• Attend Health & Safety meetings as appropriate.
• Assist in the management and update of production-specific procedures and risk assessments under the guidance of the H&S Manager.
• Ensure that all operations are completed in accordance with Company rules and standards.
• Ensure that all operations are carried out in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ensure that all operations are recorded in accordance with Company rules and standards.
• Ensure all non-conformances and irregular occurrences are reported to relevant management.
• Attend meetings as required.
• When representing LDL, at all times carry out duties in a responsible and professional manner.
• Depending on workload and information deadlines be prepared to work periodically at the weekend / out of hours.