- 2x 140g salmon fillet portion
- 1x Harlequin squash
- 2x Chicory
- 4x leaves cavolo nero
- 180g Wholegrain rice
- Salt and pepper
- 3x tbsp Scottish heather honey
- 1x tbsp soy sauce
- 2x tsp whole grain mustard
- 1x garlic clove
- ½ x lemon
- 1x tbsp olive oil
- In 300ml of salted water start cooking the rice.
- Wash, cut in half and then de-seed the squash. Cut into wedges and place into a hot oven for 25 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, add the honey, soy, mustard, and lemon juice and stir thoroughly.
- Then place the salmon fillets into the bowl and place into the fridge for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, remove the salmon and on a plate put to one side.
- Then in a small pan, add the olive oil and grate in the garlic. Cook till fragrant then add in the marinade and simmer.
- Shred the cavolo nero and blanch in boiling salted water with a knob of butter.
- On a hot griddle pan cook the salmon for 3-4 mins each side alternating the angle to get the criss-crossed charred effect.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove from the heat and place into a mixing bowl to cool slightly. Then add in the roasted squash, blanched cavolo nero, chicory leaves, season with salt and pepper and stir thoroughly.
- Once the salmon is halfway cooked and the first criss-crossed side is facing upwards, spoon over a few tablespoons of the glaze.
- Then once the salmon is cooked, place the salad onto a plate, add the salmon on top and if desired spoon over the remaining glaze.