Proud of our roots
We are incredibly proud of our business, where we are located and how we operate. The Sutherland farm has been part of Scourie, Kinlochbervie and Lochinver community since 1975 and the Uist community since 2006. We owe our success to the support and close involvement of these wonderful local communities.
So, we asked ourselves: how can we give something back to the people of Scourie and the wider Sutherland community? What we discovered was a range of exciting groups and projects that we knew we had to be a part of. Scourie Village Hall is the beating heart of the community and our support will help it to be used by a wide range of groups of all ages. The ‘Goblin Car Project’ and the football kit purchase have enabled us to support young people from Durness, Kinlochbervie, Scourie and Lochinver. Here’s what we’ve been involved in supporting recently:
- In 2017 we donated £10,000 towards the re-wiring of Scourie Village Hall – this helped secure an Entertainment License, supporting more events for local people in the hall.
- We have provided £1,000 of kick-start funding and sponsorship for the Greenpower Goblin Car Project, plus Loch Duart engineers’ time and expertise working with Primary 7 pupils to build a kit racing car entered into a race in Aberdeenshire.
- In partnership with our feed company we have created a community fund for both Scourie and Uist.
- We have purchased new strips for the Lochinver Junior football team.
- EWOS Cargill donated £3,000 towards the refurbishment of the Scourie Village Hall.
- We donated £1,000 to Lochdar School and £2,200 to Sgoil Lionacleit School towards school trips.
- We donated £2,000 to ‘Lucky2BHere’, for an outside community AED in Uist.
- We donated £1,869 to Lochinver Community Hall for refurbishment.
- We have purchased new cushions for the reception area in Scourie Health Centre.
- We sponsor Jack Murray £200 to play for the Development Squad at Ross County.
- Loch Duart donated £1,000 to Kinlochbervie Playing Field Association to refurbish their football pitch.