Proud of our roots
We are incredibly proud of our business, where we are located and how we operate. The Sutherland farm has been part of Scourie, Kinlochbervie and Lochinver community since 1975 and the Uist community since 2006. We owe our success to the support and close involvement of these wonderful local communities.
So, we asked ourselves: how can we give something back to the people of Scourie and the wider Sutherland community? What we discovered was a range of exciting groups and projects that we knew we had to be a part of. Scourie Village Hall is the beating heart of the community and our support will help it to be used by a wide range of groups of all ages. To include the Outer Hebrides, here’s what we’ve been involved in supporting recently:
- In 2018, partnership with our feed company, we have created a community fund for both Sutherland and Uist, called the ‘Salmon Pool’ Fund. Between 2018 and 2020, from the ‘Salmon Pool’
- We have donated £10,000 to Scourie & District Community Council for upgrading the playpark.
- We have donated £1,500 to Kinlochbervie Primary School for Horse Riding for Downs Syndrome children.
- We have donated £1,500 to Connect Assynt for extended Community Transport.
- We have donated £3,240 to Lochinver Hall for exterior works at the Hall.
- We have donated £750 to North Sutherland Sportive for Hall Fees.
- We have donated £1,400 to Community Care Assynt for a defibrillator.
- We have donated £8,000 to Urachadh Uibhist for redevelopment of surrounding external area of Claddach Kirkibost Centre.
- We have donated £4,200 to Uist Gymnastics for gymnastics gear.
- We have donated £3,400 to North Uist Juniors FC for football goals.